← back |
Colonial Meetinghouses Featured in this Project |
next → |
![]() View on a mapStreet Address of Meetinghouse:   near 1220 Battle St., Webster, NH (on NH State Rt. 127, just north of Long Street)Year(s) Built:   1791 National Register of Historic Places Designation:   Yes - date? New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places:   ? Organization responsible:   Society for the Preservation of the Old Meetinghouse in Webster Organization's address:   1212 Battle St., Webster, NH 03303 Organization's web site:   Webster Historical Society Town Information:   Town of Webster Tax status:   501(C)(3) - tax exempt Contact:   Marjorie Blanchette, 12 Lake Road, Webster, NH 03303 Telephone:   (603) 648-2214 E-mail: blanchet@tds.net This page was last updated on:   September 27, 2010     Acknowledgements: This text has been taken from personal correspondence with Gerald Monz  
This town was originally part of Boscawen, which was incorporated in 1760. In 1791, residents of the western part of Boscawen petitioned for separation into a town to be named Bristol. Residents of the eastern part voted to build a second meetinghouse to accommodate them, and thus avoid division. The separation finally occurred in 1860, when a new town was incorporated as Webster in honor of Daniel Webster, the famous American lawyer and statesman. Webster served as Secretary of State during the administrations of Presidents William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, and Millard Fillmore. Mount Webster and Webster Lake were also named for him. ![]()           ![]()           ![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |